Ear, Nose & Throat Community

mucus

hi for last 8 days i not been able to eat or swollow stuff and sumtyms wen drink feels like my thoat swollen and my throat all dry sometimes feels as though i cant breath and i choke because of all mucus thats stuck in my thraot ive tryed bringing some up but all is not comeing up what will help people have said drink lots of water that should help /???
You need a complete clinical examination for determining the correct cause of your symptoms. The few common possibilities of your symptoms are acid reflux/GERD, post nasal drip, throat infection, enlarged tonsils etc. If it is a throat infection it can be viral or bacterial in origin Try doing warm saline gargles. That might help. This is only an advice and not a substitute for medical examination. Treatment will depend on the underlying cause. Keep me posted with more queries. Hope it helped.
Best wishes and regards!
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life