Ear, Nose & Throat Community

numbness in sinus & front face lip

I have been treated for a (sinus infection) acording to my Drs. I have had ths same symptoms for going on 47 days. I have been on ammoxicyllin, augmentin, claryithromycen, and one other that I can remember it was a six day card thing that I just finished yesterday. I have had a CT scan that I assume was normal as I have not heard from my Dr and it was done last week.  
My symptoms are Sinus fullness, pressure tingiling in the sinus area, the tingiling / nimbness sometimes travels down the front of my face to my lips. This happens every day! I am so sick of this.
My wife is fed up with me she thinks i am a hypocondriach. I have to get rid of this. I dont have any nasle drip or conjestion, no eye pain or teeth pain no fever or headach.

Please can any one help?
Have you tried sudafed or something for sinus issues? If you have, then by any chance do you deal with acid reflux, because if you do......it can travel into your sinus' causing sinus issues........also, you can try a saline nasal rinse in both sides, my allergist told me that it works extremely well, I just haven't had the guts to squirt anything up my nose yet..........hope this helps!!! God bless you......:-)
So do you have a sinus infection or not?

Google Bells Palsy, see if anything fits.  good luck
Even though you haven't heard from your doctor, the CT scan could show something.  Ask them.

Katseye has a great idea with the saline nasal rinse, many of my patients do that many times a day with great relief.  You can even get "Ocean" brand saline OTC in a pressurized bottle.
Nasal steroids help too (rhinocort, nasonex, beconase, flonase)
Does the saline rinse help if it is due to acid reflux? I have stuffy nose issues and breathing issues (feeling like I am not getting enough air), but I don't have asthma and my CT scan of my sinus' came back clear. My allergist said he thinks it's GERD (mainly silent reflux) because I don't have the regular heartburn. I cannot see a DR. untill DEC., due to insurance and have been dealing with this for five months. I started Pepcid AC extra strength two days ago and would like to know if that would help also. Thank you for any help and God bless you.........:-)
Saline rinses only help clear out sinus inflammation not GERD/acid reflux.

Pepcid AC is the over the counter version of famotidine, an anti-histamine type 2 receptor blocker.  The over the counter version has 10mg, and the maximum that can be taken daily is 40mg.  Many patients find that by taking at the end of the day it helps nighttime symptoms.

If that's not enough, OTC prilosec (Omeprazole) is a proton pump inhibitor that can be added in the morning.  20mg is the OTC dose and you can take a maximum of 2 a day.
Thank you so much for your help..........I also would like to know if you might know what kind of side effects there are for the Prilosec? I hate taking things, but will if I have to.........it took a while of suffering before I even started one Pepcid a day..........:-) Thank you again!
Please google NACUCC.  A shifted atlas can cause a myriad of symptoms.  A simple adjustment
can fix it.  I had the exact same symptoms you are complaining of.  They will  have you get 3 ex-rays
one of which is from the top of the head looking down towards the mouth.  The Dr. then takes some
measurements and fixes you and quite painlessly and quickly.  Results are usually felt immediatly but followups are important.  This procedure is excellent for whiplash also as it is non-invasive and extremely gentle.   I wish you healing.
Prilosec has few side effects.

All respect to blessedmj, but I don't believe that an adjustment will help you, and these treatments are potentially very dangerous, with reports in the medical literature of serious neck fractures.  I wouldn't do it.
Does acid reflux cause breathing issues? Like not feeling like you are getting enough air in, with chest tightness???? I have been dealing with this as well and have had the heart checked, and been to the er and had xrays on the lungs and they say everything is fine...........any ideas? I can't even vaccuum or do the easiest of tasks without issues. I am ok lying down or sitting and doing things that way, but once I am up and moving and doing physical things, even bending over, I have issues. I have had a lot of prayer for this as well, more would be great!!! Thank you!!! God bless you!!!
Acid reflux and GERD can cause some of those symptoms.  Prayer is very powerful, and I will pray for you.  What's also helpful is medication to decrease these symptoms, ask your doctor if they're appropriate.
What kind of ******* MD are you? GERD? Acid Reflux? Where did you graduate the university of whatever big pharma tells me? And prayer? You're an idiot and I feel sorry for your patients if you actually have any.
I am experiencing these symptoms and it is gerd. Sinus pressure, headaches, dizzy. I can burp out the sinus pressure. It feels scary. Felt like my head was in a vice and dizzy. Try Prilosec you can take one at night and one in morning. And to the horrible person who commented under the doc. Unless you are a doctor get a new hobby
Thank you for your prayers, I truly appreciate them...........I am unable to see a Dr. untill dec., but I will be sure to ask..........:-) Thank you again and God bless you!!!!
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life