Ear, Nose & Throat Community

reaccuring throat infection

I have had a reaccuring throat infection now for the past three months, that will go away with antibiotics only to return a few weeks later. the infection consisits of swollen tonsils and glands in the neck, and some ear pain. No fever or coungh. I have been tested for strep throat and mono, both were negative. And i dont believe it is contagious as none of my faimy of friends have has this problem. the throat infection as accured five times now. . other than the antibiotics, i take advil for the pain (which helps somewhat) gargle with salt water, and sometimes use oil of oregeno. Any opinions or suggestions would be very much appriciated

Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life