Ear, Nose & Throat Community

small, hard painless lump behind ear

I first noticed this lump about four weeks ago. I've read about it online, and have made an appointment to see my doctor, but just for reassurance, so I can managed  to sleep tonight, what could this be other than cancer?
My guess on cancer:  no, definitely not!

It is good, however, you are having it checked.

I don't understand "behind ear"... is that on your neck, or more up on your jaw?

Can you see it (mirror) or is it something you have to feel with your fingers?

I regularly get lumps in my ear lobes - they are internal "pimples"  and always ulcerate in an unpleasant way - mess due to the size, much larger than any surface pimple I have had anywhere else, including those from my teenage years, not that I can remember that far back with much clarity.

Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life