Ear, Nose & Throat Community

small white spot and small red spot behind tonsil

I am trying to determine if I have strep throat. I have a small white spot behind my tonsil on the right side. I know it is not food or that white stuff that comes out of your tonsils. It is fixed to the skin and beside it yesterday I developed a dark red spot that looks like a small blood blister that is a little smaller than the white spot. I have had a swollen spot under my jaw on that side (under my molars) that was making my tooth feel funny, but it seems better now but still a little swollen. I have had a headache and upset stomach every evening for the past few days, and my throat feels funny. Its a little sore mostly on the right where the spots are. The tonsil seems a little swollen on that side too. I am also tired and just generally feel yucky. No fever that I know of. My throat is not very sore, just a little uncomfortable. I guess it is worth mentioning that my daughter had a sore throat, very bad headache that lasted over 12 hours, upset stomach and low grade fever. I thought she was catching my grandfather's cold, she is better now so far as I know and was only sick just a few days. I have not checked her throat because I just realized that it could be strep and she is at school. Any info. would be appreciated
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life