Ear, Nose & Throat Community

sore, bump on jaw just below ear area?

I woke up with a tender spot on the right side of my neck, just under my ear, under the jaw bone.  I can feel a little something in there, not sure where to start for medical help.  I had my wisdom teeth extracted again 2 years ago. (2nd time for me, I was one of those lucky ones who got extras)  There were major complications with my surgery, no anti-biotics were given and i ended up with a really bad infection.  I landed in Loma Linda acute care for 5 days and had to under go surgery again to clean out the stuff.  I have had headaches every so often, but nothing unmanageable.  But now this lump on my neck appeared and it is really sensitve to the touch, you cant see it, but I can feel it.  Where or what type of doctor do you recommend me start with?  AFter the last doctor i dealt with, or dentist Im a bit scared.
Try an LVI dentist (Las Vegas Institute...there are trained dentists all over the country).  Sounds like what I had.  There is a bone in the same exact spot you are talking about.  I was treated for TMD/TMJ by a dentist who was specially trained in facial/throat/head pain.  If you don't have one near you, you may want to try a physical therapist that deals ONLY in TMJ.  Good luck!
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life