Ear, Nose & Throat Community

turbinate problem,please help me

Hello there, I have turbinate hypotrophy and a deviated septum actually they say it is a twisted septum. anyway the Ent recommended surgury to trim the turbinates and fix the deviated septum but what i dont understand is i had a deviated septum  i guess all my life and my turbinates didnt bother me until after i had an adenoidectomy ( i had infected adnoids and a horrible infection after the adenoidectomy) anyway 2 months after the adenoidectomy is when my turbinates started to inflame while i sleep. Ive really tried everything countless nose sprays, saline flushes,steroids,coolmist humidifier in the winter nothing works but I have been miserable with practically no sleep 3-4 hours a nite. The doctor says there is nothing to culture.Every now and then i will get greenish stuff from my nose but if its not there when i go to the doctor then there is nothing to culture. My actual question is:  do you think i still have an infection? Cause I have heard do not touch the turbinates but i cant live not sleeping or trying to breathe.P.S. I have been dealing with this problem since october 06. Please help! thank you for your time.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life