Ear, Nose & Throat Community

vocal nodules? HELP!!

Two years ago, I started singing, but I was using bad technique and I was straining my voice to hit the high notes. This continued one to two hours every day for about 5 months, then i stopped, because the lower range of my voice would start sounding rough after singing for a few minutes. After about one or two months, I started singing again with improved technique, and my voice stopped becoming rough.

However, after a while i began to notice that the highest notes of my upper range were disappearing. They started to sound airy and they would cut off while i was singing those notes. The rest of my range stayed normal. The problem is, I dont know if I was able to sing those high notes clearly when I first started singing. Has my voice been damaged or is my vocal range just expanding?

Recently, I have felt like I have excessive phlegm in my throat, but this could be due to allergies. I also feel like my voice quality is not as good as before. Am i just being paranoid or do i really have vocal nodules?

I am a 14 year old girl if that helps.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life