Ear, Nose & Throat Community

voice issues

About a month ago I hit myself in the throat with a steering wheel. I had no trouble breathing and only very minimal pain swallowing, but I did have a lot of trouble talking. I went to the ER a few days later to be checked out and they just found very minimal redness on my vocal chords. I went back in 2 weeks to an ENT for a follow up and he found nothing and told me to wait 2 more weeks and see what happened. Well, I'm still having a lot of trouble talking and I'm trying to make another appointment with the ENT. Could I have hit my thyroid and could that be causing the hoarseness?

It hurts when if Ii talk a lot-- but that could be 5 minutes to 5 hours.

It hurts low in my throat--below voice box and my throat feels phlegmy. I cough a lot and it hurts. The coughing almost sounds/feels like asthma but it's not, it's coming from my throat, not my chest. My throat feels  weird when it hurts(or I start to loose my voice) in the lower part of my throat/neck area.

It's interfering with my work and my life now, but nothing seems to be wrong with my vocal chords. I did have a general physician feel my throat after I hit it and she said my thyroid and throat felt alright.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life