Ear, Nose & Throat Community

weird feeling in throat after operation

i had to have a operation due to a dental abscess that was really bad it made my cheek swell and also 3 teeth taken out the surgions put a drain that went from under my chin on the right side of my face into the inside of my cheeks i seemed to be healling well for 2 weeks when i had a feeling that my throat was closing so i went to A and E and they said everything was fine he even put a small camera up my nose to have a quick look in throat its now been nearly 3 weeks since i been to A and E  and i still have tthe same problem i went to my doctors surgery where one doctor told me i had tonsilitis but i have no sore throat and another told me i had thrush in my mouth but still i had no pain i now have other symptoms with it which is a dry mouth and a feeling that my throat is dry and also my tongue feels like its too big  i am just wondering wether it could be the healing process from the operation i had they left the wound open to heal or wether it could be something more i am thinking of goin back to my doctors when i can get an appointment with my own gp but any help for now would be appreciated thank you
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life