Avatar universal


i had a stapendectomy 16 yrs ago in rt ear my worse one . igot a hearing aid for it . it is now my better ear i should have had left ear done now thats my worse ear . have only 15 per cent so want to get a stapendectomy so i can get an aid for that ear. imnow in good health but late 60,s can this be done and who does this laser surgery?
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Avatar universal
Hi Ladypar,

Your suitability for surgery really depends on your tuning fork exam and audiometry.  If your Rinne test is negative at 512 Hertz (meaning you hear bone conduction greater than air conduction with a 512 Hertz tuning fork) you may be a candidate for surgery.

See an experienced ear surgeon for an assessment.  If you tell me where you are, I can refer you to an experienced surgeon.

Hope this helps.  Good luck!

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical
advice - the information presented is for patients education only.
Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your
individual case.
Helpful - 1
Avatar universal
i would like you to refer me to a surgeon . im in crystal river fla. nw. near ocala is ok also.
inverness, spring hill or any area near , gainsville is 1 hr but for a good surgeon thats okay also.          Thanks so much.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Ear Disorders Forum

Popular Resources
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life