Chronic sore throat

i would like to share with you my story, so you may tell me if its the Chronic sore throat or what ?

just to mention first that i had a surgery removal of tonsils back the days when i was 4 years old

now im 26 years old, at the age of 18 i began having stomach problems , not to go into details , i suffered from ulcers and acid reflux …. i took medications and got well years later…

2 years ago i began having new issue, its the sore throat, it began in summer time 2011 , went to 3 ENT Doctors, took many anti-bio-tics and allergy meds … the last one made me a camera scan, entered from my noise to check all from the top of my mouth till the top of my stomach, he saw clearly all my throat. i was diagnosed with sever acid reflux and one side nose blocked and inflammation of larynx , i dont know the technical words , but it was a big report. he gave me treatment for acid reflux and frenaler cort for allergry, it alsted for 3 or 4 months than went away, months passes i was ok , on and off sore throat maybe lasts for couple of weeks than go away, now 2 years later , summer 2013 it started , and it has been 4 months till now, same doctor same symptoms:

sore throat
difficulty swallowing and speaking
change in voice
jaw pain
jaw clicking when opening
feels like something stuck in my throat, like a rope that they hang on ur neck
stomach pain
fatigue
pain in all body and needles
a bit of sweating at night,not too much a little bit around the neck and chest
mood changes
not wanting to hang out
not socializing
anxiety

he made the same camera thing , gave me same report , same meds ,but this time , no improvement.
its been like 4 and a half months with the same symptoms and same condition

the doctors says dont worry about cancer or stuff, its kind of long term allergy both with acid reflux that makes this,

NB:i dont smoke , i drink a little bit

Please, can you help me in this ?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
P.s. if you test positive for Helicobacter pylori they have a new international drug treatment for it as of 2013. So, I could send you the regimen.
take care,
mkh9
Helpful - 0
I'm no doctor but i think your kind of reflux is called Silent reflux/LPR if your coughs are the worse after you eat and you get post nasal drip too ..
I was also being told to take Fenaler Cort for allergy, and also to take Nexium 40 every morning, and  mosapride 3 times a day,  ( before every meal ).
The symptoms didn't totally go away and it's scary when thinking of all those chemicals being in your system ( in my case I'm really skinny ) but what helps me more is cutting off chocolate, hot spiced meals, mint, onion , garlic, lemon.. semmak.... and sleeping on an empty stomach ( meaning.. No food or water 3 hours prior to bed time) and make sure to have many pillows under your head. And finally.. eating slowly.. like.. REAL slow...
BUT i went to an other doctor to have a second opinion.. and he said this is not reflux.. and only gave me an allergy medication and said the others are a bit too much for the stomach to handle. Go figure...
Helpful - 0
okay i will keep you updated

nice hearing from you
Helpful - 0
Thanks for your concern. Well, I will go back to work. The question is can I do what I want to do or what I used to do? So, we'll see. I can get a job. Right now I can lift anything (maybe 3-4 lbs). But when my frozen shoulder gets better I will start lifting more weight so I can get back to close to normal. I'm lucky my husband has a good job so far!. Let me know how things go for you.
take care,
mkh9
Helpful - 0
owwww ,i m so sorry to hear that ....

i dunno what to say, thank God you have your husband and that you got those 6000 $ here in lebanon they give you nothing...

did u search for any online work, maybe something similar to this blog but a paid one , just a thought ....

keep in touch :/

good luck
Helpful - 0
No, they don't care. I can't even get disability for when I wasn't able to get outside or wash myself. So, I'm glad I have my husband to work and to help. I'm ok now and am walking 2 hours a day now and the pain is chronic but I'm able to bend and drive and wash now. I can do most of my chores around the house. I just can't lift much weight. It was a torn ligament in my lower back. So, it took a long time to heal. I also got tendonitis on both wrists from work. I got only $6,000. for that work injury and the case is closed. So, now I have figure out what work to do after $20 years of experience in biotech, clinical micro and research. I guess I am venting. Sorry, LOL. I just don't know what I am capable of working on but want to keep my skills. Thanks for asking.
mkh9
Helpful - 0
owww sorry to hear that, God help you to get your health away

does your country help you in unemployment ? or like here they dont care ?
Helpful - 0
You are welcome. I'm not a doctor but  I'm a microbiologist. But right now I'm unemployed due to a back injury and am enjoying helping people.
mkh9
Helpful - 0
i have done 2 times Gastroscopy and made for me biopsy back 3 4 years and they have found bacteria and ulcer , i got meds and all went well, is it possible that it may come back ?

im takig gastrimut for GERD almost all the time

i agree with you that i must make Gastroscopy, coz it has been 4 years since the last one, maybe the ulcer or the bacteria came back...

the thing is that im fed up with meds but in the same time my throat pain is chronic which makes my life miserable ...

thanks for you concern , you have good info and experience

you should be a doctor :P

Helpful - 0
Hi raven381,
I found your message. Well we discussed your night sweats. The GERD is probably eroding your throat (lower end) and causing irritation. You have to watch this because it can cause problems down the line. Are you still on drugs for the GERD? If not you need to get back on them. If you can take Prilosec without diarrhea that is good but I couldn't take it. I take Zantac. Did they say that checked you for helicobacter pylori? It is a bacteria that can cause an ulcer. They would have done a biopsy during the Gastroscopy. If you have this they have to give you 4 different antibiotics and bismuth sulfate. At least the 4 antibiotics. You may not have an ulcer if they didn't find one. I am just wondering. I get stomach pain off and on with my GERD too. If the gastroscopy was a long time ago you could repeat it and check for ulcer and ask them to make sure you don't have any oral,, throat and stomach cancer. I know you don't (don't worry and that is hard to say) but it is best to check and rule out right then to wait too long? It is just a safety precaution that is all! The jaw pain and those symptoms sound like TMJ. You can ask your dentist about this. They may have a way to help you with it. I'm not sure if they can adjust your bite or not. I would have to read about it but I know your jaw causes problems. It is not serious but it can hurt. These are all suggestions. Then if it is all GERD then maybe they can at least give you better meds. You probably have anxiety and don't want to go out because you haven't felt well. I think you will get this all taken care of.
mkh9
Helpful - 0
i appreciate is somebody available gives me his time
Helpful - 0
any body ?!!!! any reply ??
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Ear, Nose & Throat Community

Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life