Eating Disorders Community

Anorexia recovery and weight gain speed

Hi there,

I am 24 years old and suffer with anorexia. Four weeks ago, due to my low BMI, I increased my calories by 300 . I was expecting to see an initial large weight gain due to water weight/glycogen stores etc that would then decrease and level out. I was hoping to be gaining the recommended average of 0.5kg per week. However, over the course of four weeks, my average weight gain has been 0.8kg and this is worrying me. Does anyone know why I am gaining so much on a relatively small increase in calories? Surely it can't still be water weight/glycogen stores?  Should I reduce my calories in order to slow the weight gain to a more comfortable rate? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.