Aa
A
A
A
Close
Eating Disorders Community
1.22k Members

Anorexic, no period since August 2013,

Okay, so I have Anorexia, had it since 2011, I stopped having a period since August 2013, but a few days ago I started bleeding, and I have not gained weight or have been in recovery. I don't know what is happening and would like to know if it is a period or something else? Thanks guys!
1 Responses
Sweetie, your body needs a proper diet to maintain the release of hormones. You stopped having your period because you weren't eating enough for your body to produce hormones. The only way to return to a normal cycle is to return to healthy eating habits. Please get help, I know anorexia is a serious disorder and it hours by be taken lightly, but please get help. If not for yourself, for the ones who love you. I don't know for sure why you started bleeding but you should definitely talk to a doctor
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.