Eating Disorders Forum

How to cope with anxiety and not eating

II  am 26 years old and my entire life have been incredibly underweight.  for the last 4 months my weight has decreased dramatically.  I am 5'8 and weigh 103 pounds.  This could be natural.  For 5 years I was on a medication called Doxepen and it really helped me gain weight.  I have now been off of that for 2 months and 2 1/2 weeks ago I started to take lexapro.  I am also taking right now clonzapen.  Because I have been just a nervous wreck.  When I was on the doxepen I still only weighed 108 pounds but I was healthy.  For the last few months. My appetite has really been up and down.  On good days I eat normally. Breakfast lunch and dinner. and I feel great.  On my bad days though, I don't have an appetite and when I try to eat I usually vomit.  I do not have an eating disorder.  Quite the opposite actually I want to gain weight.  I'm just struggling right now and really need help on how to get out of this funk that I cant seem to get out of.  Now don't get me wrong some days are great but then I have a day like today where I got sick and I beat myself up about it and think I am never going to get better.  Please help.  I need some advise on how to beat this.  I am taking a very low dose of the Lexapro only mug, so maybe it has not kicked in yet.  I just want to feel better and get to a good weight.  I don’t want to lose anymore weight either, it is making feel very insecure.  What are somethought and suggestions?
I know more about losing weight than gaining weight, but from what you have said it seems as if you are the opposite of most emotional eaters, your bad day leads to losing your appetite. In that case, some psychotherapy would help more than the medication because what you have to learn is how to go with the ups and downs of life without such a strong, visceral and depressive type reaction.  It's a form of catastrophysing that should respond well to treatment.
14 super-healthy foods that are worth the hype
Small changes make a big impact with these easy ways to cut hundreds of calories a day.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.