Eating Disorders Community

How to lose weight after disordered eating recovery

I'm 5'4", 33 year old female, active in weight lifting/ cardio since 2007 and a crossfit athlete for 10 months ago. I was eating approx 1000-1300 cal for the past 2.5 years. As a result, I lost the fat I was hoping to but consequently developed hypothyroidism and amenorrhea. This august, I made an effort to correct the metabolic disturbances under the direction of a registered dietician. I increased my caloric intake to 1600 cal/day. To my dismay, I rapidly went from 115lbs to 130lbs in 2 months.
On the other hand, menses resumed within 1 month, I stopped taking the thyroid hormone in October and had a low normal t4 TSH in November. I am very happy with the improvement in pituitary function/ hormone stabilization. However, at this point I am at the weight which started the disordered eating in the first place. Now I really want to lose the extra fat weight that I gained without relapsing back to hypothyroidism and amenorrhea. (It IS fat which was measured with calipers). I am still active in crossfit 3-4x/week and have adapted my diet to strictly following the paleolithic nutritional guidelines instead of the super high grain recommendations of my RD. This dietary modification has kept my weight at 130lb for the past month.
A few questions:
1. How can I lose the fat quickly and safely without again disrupting my pituitary/thyroid/menses.
2. Is there a doctor in the chicago area who is an expert in metabolic dysfunction particularly for patients recovering from disordered eating who is also able to advise on weight loss? (My metabolic endocrinologist and PCP have not been able to help)
Hi!
When weight is regained, lean mass is regained less than fat. So fat is regained at higher speed. Since exercise and diet regimen is precipitating amenorrhea and hypothyroidism, you need to find out whether you have PCOD, thyroid disorder (by proper testing, and if you have a thyroid disorder you need to take thyroid hormone life long), adrenal gland problem, and diabetes. All these conditions result in weight gain, and weight not getting reduced. Take care!
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.