Eating Disorders Community

I do't eat enough..

Okay my problem is this: I have no motivaion to eat at all, and I tend to go for sometimes two - three days without eating anything real. I snack on biscuits and yohgurt pots and I drink fine, but I have no motivation to eat. I am naturally slim and cant put on weight as it is, so when I go through these stages I get very very thin and unwell and cold. I'm wondering if this is some sort of disorder. I dont AVOID food, I just don't find it interesting, and it always gets to the stage where I am getting infections and always getting ill.. so there must be something wrong. I just don't feel like eating. Can anyone give me some input? Thanks a lot for your help.

x
I'm taking a stab that you do have disordered eating. It's a different type of ED, most have to do with controlling ones body. I have the same thing as you, I have to psych myself into eating at times.. I bribe myself to eat food at times.  At least you are eating yoghurt and if they are plain biscuits, not the really sweet ones, you are doing something. BUT if it continues you could get anorexia. So I would really suggest eating a bit more everyday. I buy food that I know I will eat. I will make mashed potatoes with cheese, so I get a good carb and a protein. Sometimes just cheese and crackers. I force myself to eat twice a day, like you I have yoghurt pots and apple sauce, I also have a stash of canned fruit, like mandarins. I can eat chicken or fish at times, but that's about it. I do splurge on sushi. I love the stuff. So pack your fridge with things you like, but avoid just eating junk, there's no nutritional value in that.
Hi Bec,
I understand every word that you wrote. I have no interest in eating anything either. Eating makes me sick, makes me gag... I tried everything to get better and I see that I can't. I have spent too much of my life in the hospital... now I have a J-tube so I don't have to eat. I am gaining weight slowly... so that's the best I can do.

You are not alone - hugz
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.