Eating Disorders Community

Why cant i do things the healthy way anymore?

Last october i decided i was sick of being over weight so i wanted to start working out. I started getting on the treadmill and walking pretty briskly for about 45 minutes and cutting my food intake back, starting at 210 lbs this was a pretty good start and the weight was fallig off. Then around christmas i was down to 180 and had plateaued and had begun seeing a weight managment doctor shortly before that whih was no help at all, and i think thats where all my problems began. Since i stopped losing weight and plateaued i decided to cut my food back even more and work out longer and harder. I was borderline NOT eating AT ALL and running for about an hour and a half a day, and i would live on water and tea. Well i got over that and stared eating more and now im only down to 160 after a whole year of this crap. I feel like i wanna go back to either not eating at all or throwing up because i feel so guilty when i eat anything since ive stopped working out because i figure why keep killing myself working out when i havent lost a pound in months? The only time i lose weigt is when i do these liquid diets for however many days i can stand it, my mom wont let me get on the treadmill anymore because i ainted in the shower after using it. Im 21 and i feel so out of control, its like when i follow the "smart way" to lose weigt by eating and working out i just gained, and when i dont eat at all i just stay the same. Im going crazy. I NEED my last 30 lbs off now and its like i just dont have the drive to get on the treadmill and STAY on like i did in the begining, now ill get on like 4 days in a row IF IM ALLOWED CUZ I ATE and then quit cuz i feel hopeless cuz i never lose weigt anymore, even when i stayed on for months and ate right, thats why i stopped seeing my doctor a long ime ago, and you would think when im so close to being finished id be more motivated then when i had a TON to go. Pls help im getting desparate where im gonna start doing anything.
hello:)  sorry your having a hard time with your weight    , losing weight and keeping it off can be hard .  i think the reason your not seeing results is because your yo yo dieting your confusing your body you dont eat so your body holds on to everything then you get and you gai it back.  you have to train your body.    i dont know what you eat but if you drink lots f water this will flush your system also dont eat  fast people who eat fast tend to over eat  eat raw fruits and veg throughout the day this ill keep your matablism going cut down on the fat  if you want a burger  opt for a veggie burger or turkey burger or lets say taco bell insead of going through the drive thru go to the store and get whole wheat 98 percent fat free tortillas , and whatever toppings you want and make your own mexican food  youll cut your calorie and fat by more than half , also the  fat free chips and snack foods are really good so you can try that an extra boost try taking hoodia or acai berry these will give you energy without making you feel jittery.  cut your soda intake in half  try not t drink alot of caffine, doing these things are healthy and will help you lose weight. i hoped i was able to help you some  if you need anythin im here    :)
Thank very much for replying. This is why i get so frustrated tho is because before the yo yoing started the fruits and water is exactly how i ate, and still do, and i dont drink pop at all, thats why im so confused. My mom also told me about the "if you dont eat enough ur body tries to hold on to everything it has" but its just so hard when ur desparate for results and you dont see any. Ill try to follow these tips tho, hopefully things get better, thanks again!
your welcome for the advice-   try this for a month  workut but dont get manic and if you still see NO  result i would go to the doc and get some blood work done   smetimes when you have thyroid issues it can make you gain or unable to loose weight  
i did that back when this started and they said i was normal, but really i dont think they dug for a problem like they did when they found my moms thyroid issue and they ended up having to remove her glands, i feel like i always sound like a whiner when i keep asking them to check what the problem is but something is obviously going on that i lose like a pound a month IF that.
i understand not wanting to sound like a whiner  but you know it is there job!!    have you tried taking herbs ?  if your lost as to what might be the problem hen you have to do a process of elmination.  try googling herbs that help with thyroid  see what kinds there are and take a trip to your health food store   the herbs are cheap maybe 6 bucks a bottle    also have you had your cortisol levels checked?  this is caused by stress   so if not i say have yur doc test this ,or check google again for herbs that help with cortisol.  if your eating healthy but not losing weight something is wrong.    one more thing have you been checked for an infection?   last year i had a m/c and had a d&c  when i went in for surgery i weighed 130 but after my weight went up to 145 and it wouldnt go away no matter what i did  then in nov i had another m/c and started bleeding and bled for 10 wks anyway when my o/b did an ultra sound he found i had a massive infection   got it taken care of and within the next week i lost 20 pounds and lost more  so its worth diggng into.:)   let me know what happens
Thank you so much for the helpful tips! I will def check all these things out and let you know!
your welcome :) glad to help and yes def keep me posted
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.