Eating Disorders Forum

anorexia recovery problems

My 20 years old daughter has eating disorder  problem  and had lost 30 lbs from last Sept. to this May (5'4" 90 lbs).   Now she is eating around 2000 calories and has gained around 10 lbs from June to now (100 lbs).   However, she constantly feels indigestion  after the meals,  can she take any over the counter antacid medication for it?   She also sometimes feels thirsty and need to drink a lot of water,  why ?   Also she hasn't have her period back yet.  when she will have the period back, any treatment, hormone treatment ?  
Is anyway to speed up the recovery ?   Thanks !
As I am a psychologist and not a medical doctor, I will answer accordingly.  Your daughter needs to be under the medical and psychiatric care of eating disorder specialists.  Your medical questions can be answered for her unique needs.  Food is medicine.  When an individual is eating and their body is back to a natural set range, sometimes a little higher weight, one’s period begins.  Good luck!  Patricia Pitts, PhD  The Bella Vita  Los Angeles, CA
14 super-healthy foods that are worth the hype
Small changes make a big impact with these easy ways to cut hundreds of calories a day.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.