Eating Disorders Forum

eating out a lot

I'm a stay at home mom and my husband is in Iraq. I don't have that much time in my day to myself. When we are out I stop to pick up fast food because half the time I don't feel like cooking or making food. I know in my head that I have to cook and eat better but I don't feel like it. I also want to go to the gym but I have 2days that my little girl goes to per-school for 2 hours so I don't have to time to go. My family lives 8 hours away and my friends work so I don't really go anywhere with out her. I don't know where to start and what to do.  
I see the problem you are having. One part is truly practical, and there are some possible solutions to the practical issues which I will suggest in a moment. But first, the psychological.  You have a big load...worry re your husband, limited support because your family is away, and a young child who wants all your attention. this load seems to be getting you down, wearing you down. You should look the load in the face, and despite the load, do what you need to do for yourself to stay healthy and well. Your sense of defeat, no answers, can be part of a mild situational depression..nothing seriouus, something that can be reversed quite easily.  For example, you could cook sometimes, not all the time.  Instead of fast food, you could bring home salads and healthy food from the grocery, you could find a gym that takes care of your daughter while you work out, you could trade times with another mother from the preschool so you get more free time, you could get exercise with your daughter, jogging while pushing a stroller, etc,etc.  you do have options, you are not stuck.
14 super-healthy foods that are worth the hype
Small changes make a big impact with these easy ways to cut hundreds of calories a day.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.