Eating Disorders Community

wellbutrin xl

I'VE BEEN EATING LIKE A PIG FOR THE LAST FEW YEARS FOOD IS MY FREIND I HATE WHAT I'M DOING BUT ITS LIKE I CAN'T STOP. IVE BEEN ON ZOLOFT FOR 4 YEARS NOW AFTER DEVELOPING OCD WHILE 6 MONTHS PREGNANT GLAD TO SAY THAT ZOLOFT SAVED ME FROM THAT. I'VE SUFFERED FROM PANIC DISORDERS FOR A LONG AS I REMEMBER. SO I WENT TO MY PHYCHITRIST AND SHE SUBSCRIBE WELLBUTRIN XL FOR A BOOSTER. PERHAPS TO HELP MY EMOTIONAL EATING AND DEPRESSION. I'VE BEEN ON IT FOR A FEW WEEKS NOW FIRST 150 MGS FOR 7 DAYS THEN 300MGS THAT I'M AT NOW. I DON'T FEEL ANY BETTER I FEEL MORE ANXIOUS AND STILL PIGGING OUT CAN SOME PLEASE HELP ME OUT THANKS
well im on wellbutrin  and i have been gaining weight ever seance i started it im up 30 pound
my doctor told me that wellbutrin is one of the few that does'nt cause weight gain
Sometimes medications take awhile to have their maximum effect. But you said the Wellbutrin was prescribed for emotional eating and depression, but you still feel anxious. How is your depression? Perhaps you need a different or another drug if you also suffer from anxiety. I would suggest calling the psychiatrist's office and asking if you should come in if you don't already have a follow-up appointment. Also do you see a therapist? Medications can really help but they work best if hand in hand with therapy.
wellbutrin causes no weight gain...I was on it for years and had no problems...I am now allergic to it as it causes severe seizures for me.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.