Fractures and EDS

My teen daughter was at a friends walking and looking at her phone and ran into the wall fracturing her radius.  Her wrist was in an odd position that she could not move out of when I picked her up. I am sure due to EDS tendons got stretched out and I think probably allowed the fracture without a big impact.  It made me wonder if others have had fractures due to EDS.

Hi..ouch...that must have hurt her....goodness...I can not imagine...

I know it is a possibility that we may be more prone to fractures as the connective tissues that would protect r lax,...so not too surprising.

But I have not heard of neone getting a fracture like this,.....or a result of something like this...???
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.

You are reading content posted in the Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Group

Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.