Emphysema Community
71 Members
Do I Have Emphysema?
I'm 55 y.o., non-smoker although I have vaped cannabis now and then. In the last 3 years I had recurrent chest infections accompanied of cough. My last infection left me with a persistent cough for about 3 months, producing small amounts of yellow sputum and I felt my lungs inflamed when running and breathing cold air a few times, also I was waking up in the middle of the night coughing with a bit of a sweat for a week or so. I went to see my GP and had an X-Ray done. My GP told me I have emphysema judging by the enlargement of my lungs. He gave me some antibiotics and I have followed a strict anti-inflammatory diet for about 2 weeks, my cough and sputum production are now reduced although I'm still concerned about the occasional hacking cough. Most importantly, I have not experienced any shortness of breath. I am 6' tall, naturally thin, weighing 58Kg. and I read some people with my build appear to have slightly enlarged lungs but I don't know what to believe anymore. I'm waiting to see an specialist in 3 weeks time but I can't help feeling really scared, particularly as I have a family who depend on me. Any thoughts will be appreciated.
Emphysema Community
71 Members
68 Questions
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.