Emphysema Community
71 Members
Emphysema but not Emphysema
A CT indicated I have mild emphysema.  I have shortness of breath all the time and chest pain.  I went to a lung specialist and I was told that I have emphysema, but I don't have emphysema.  He said I probably have a lung abnormality.  Am I crazy to think I need a second opinion?
Another disease also causes shortness of breath. please look into being checked for pulmonary arterial  hypertension. I had a heart cath done . did they do that and find out your ejection fraction. Did you have a lung function test in the big box that checks out how much you can blow out in 1 sec. If they didnt then you need to get it done.......
exercise is important and find out if your oxygen exchange is ok. Check to see if you desaturate while walking and checking your oxygen on your finger with a oxymeter you can buy at wallmart for $39.   I was told my lungs were medium what ever that meant and two years later i was severe...alot of people die from PAH before the E gets to them. so its like lung and heart problem together eventually... need oxygen to kkeep body going strong... for me, I was severe on both copd and PAH..... and still here to talk about it... Healthy lifestyle is a must... and at least walk half hour a day... I also have CHF (congested heart failure) and so far so good. good luck . Be your own advocate.... I am.... research meds etc learn.

Informative answer thank you.
Alternative health option may be to inhale FGHP, and a long term alkaline diet.
Emphysema Community
71 Members
68 Questions
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.