Emphysema Community
83 Members

Emphysema without shortness of breath

I went to the VA to get put on the burn pit registry. I went with no issues but I wanted them to have a baseline. They drew blood and had me forcefully exhale the Dr said he heard a wheeze. He orders an xray and says that I have emphysema. I tell him I run and walk quiet often and never get winded. I also never coughed once in his office.I am 47 and since I was a teenager I had a bad cough that ppl commented about ..get that checked out they'd say. But other than the cough I was fine. Could I have had emphysema all this time?I will go get a 2nd opinion
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.