Emphysema Community
71 Members

I hope to get someone to talk to

I had HRCT today, the report said i have panacinar emphysema,, it doesn't even clarify the grade,, it just says it's consistent with COPD "astham, chronic bronchitis, etc" ..
First i am depressed, i cried and stuff, and i don't have i have the energy to do my plans .. including studying and career management.
I am in a third world country and next week i am traveling to work in Glaway, it will take a while till i will be able to do further invs and meeting in specialized respiratory clinics there..
I read on the Internet that is not even diagnosable until 40-50% of the lung is damaged, i don't smoke, i have GERD though and i try to take my PPI and so on daily .
I read about the grades, 1> normal life expectancy
2 -3 >> 5 years
4 >> few .
It's depressing, i even began to search for lung transplant options on the long term in USA.
I don't know, i am 27 ,, i have so much dreams, can you advice me something ? and moving to Galway is like my biggest step since years and this happen on this time, thanks God anyway i am not refusing the fate He draw to me, but i don't know what to do .
Emphysema Community
71 Members
68 Questions
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.