Endometriosis Community

3 Weeks Post Laparoscopy Pain

Hi Everyone-

I had a laparoscopy on 1/15/18, so just over 3 weeks ago. They found stage 2 endometriosis and removed it with a laser. It was scattered on my uterus, bladder and was pinning my left ovary down to my uterus. They also did an HSG and said my tubes were wide open. I had what I would call a fairly easy recovery. I had gas pains but not severe and was back to work for a half day on the Friday after my (Monday) surgery. I’ve been feeling pretty good and actually signed up to go back to pilates today. However last night I was woken up 3 times with horrible stabbing pains. Mainly by my belly button incision, my right incision and in my uterus area. They subsided somewhat when I shifted positions but were definitely still noticeable off and on. I had my 2 week post op appt this past Thursday, my doc said everything was healing great and I was cleared to resume sexual activity and workout.

I’ve experienced these pains intermittently since surgery but nothing like last night to where they were waking me up. I obviously didn’t workout today and I have a call into my doc for reassurance but I’m wondering if anyone has experienced these stabbing pains before? Is it scar tissue forming? Or maybe nerve pains from the laser? I have extremely bad health anxiety and am very, very worried. Would love any reassurance. Thank you!