Endometriosis Community

Blood in stool DOES Endo do this???

Hi everyone just freaking out right now. I just want to know if its possible to have blood on ur stool i u have endometriosis???
If you have a lot of blood in your stool the stool itself would be black like tar.

If there are traces of blood/mucus when you wipe or some in the toilet it could be many things such as fissures, hemorrhoids, bowel disease, partial bowel obstruction etc. However there are times if you have blood it can be Endo related but most times Endo will not fully go through the bowel.

Most people with Endo need colonoscopies done to rule out bowel disease and see if Endo has perforated the bowel. Most times it comes back negative and told it's IBS.

That is really all I can say because I am not a doctor and this is just from my experiences
If you have endometriosis on your bowel (which is rare) then yes you could have blood in your stool but it would be bright red blood and come out following a BM. (I know this because I do have bowel endo).
Hi Madpi thank you for sharing ur experience I am freaking out bec my Gyne called me and told me I have to see a GI specialist and currently I have an upcomming laparoscopic surgery ewith my OB and Gyne. I have 2 ovarian cyst left 3.something and right 4.2 cm the right side kinda throbs a bit and Im experiencing some discomfort on my right hip so I told my Gyne but the way he sounded on the phone he said that him and my OB are not as important right now and I need to see a GI specialist and might need to give some bowel samples. My Gyne said aside from the ovarian cyst I could have Endo or worst Ovarian cancer so they want to the Lap asap. Im sooo freaked out.

My experience was the way you mentioned it its blood red and I didnt really noticed right away because I wasnt paying attention but freaked the crap outta me I thought it was my period since I have spotting but this time its really from my anus and im scared.
Hi Ticked I think Im not sure if I experience it before I wonder why my stool is dark green and looked it up but never really paid attention tho. Thank you I should actually post the other post I have in the Endo forum.
Hi Hon-

I have dark green stool sometimes...Sometimes normal coloured, but for 10-12 weeks I've had blood in my stool, and blood and mucous when I wipe.  I also sometimes drip blood after a BM.  I have stage 4 endo, and I have it on my bowel.  I am waiting for my second surgery to remove it.  I also have Crohn's disease but recently had a scope that ruled that out as a possibility.
When are you seeing your doc next?

It's a hard disease and scary, I know.  Stay strong
xo
Lu
Dark green I think has to do with sugar levels but I am not sure.

I had have bowel as well as rectovaginal endo. Operated on 2007 and 2014 because of recurrence. I would have blood in my stool but I also had rectal pain like knives jabbing me in my rectum at random times not just on my period. Before my period I would evacuate my bowels the day before my period would come and then I was constipated in pain until my next bowel movement which would be around 7 days later. The Endo was deeply infiltrated into the sigmoid colon both times and I had a partial bowel obstruction from scar tissue on the right side so that could have been why my bowel movements were so painful. Also I had part of my vagina removed in may because of a recurring rectovaginal cyst.

It really is hard to say but a colonscopy is usually done to rule it out. I have had plenty and all said nothing was wrong, no celiac either and that I had IBS. Also get your results from your tests as well as mine failed to mention I also had fissures and internal hemerroids
i also have fissures but no internal hemerroids.   I get the rectum knife stabbing pain, as well as cervical stabbing pain.

It's the worst.  I just went to the bathroom and felt like I was going to black out on the toilet.

I think my stool is dark green because I drink chlorophyl in my water. (:

I don't know why but the past few days my bleeding has increased times ten from my bowel
My hemorroid is outside its where my anus is so when I have my period it hurts to go to the bathroom and its 1000x worst for me to sit down literally hurts!!! I have to use tampons when Im on my period because the pad touches my anus or hemorroid and its harder to sit down. I cant even distinguish if its my anus or my hemorroid that hurts most when I have my period. But when I dont have my period my anus and hemorroid is okay. I think I developed this hemorroid because I push when I go bathroom even though theres nothing to push or its a tiny bit so sometimes when I check my stool I think there will be blood because I push too much *sigh*

I am getting a colonoscopy on monday and Im scared. What should I be ready for then? The nurse lady on the phone said the GI doctor will read me my colonoscopy results but the biopsy if i needed it done with not 3-5 days.
Worse case scenario is they will perform a hysterectomy. Ovarian cysts aren't fun especially if they don't pop. As far as GI goes s/he will more than likely order a CT scan and want to do a colonoscopy (those arent fun). Hang in there!!
I know you didn't address this question to me but thought I'd answer as I am the queen of colonoscopies- I've had at least 8 in the past 8 years.  The bowel prep is very, very hard- especially with the hemmoroids.  Make sure you eat very light the few days leading up- low residue foods, cooked veggies, and lean protein.  No white flour or red meat.  Drink tons of water.  They should do biopsies during the scope- is that what you are referring to?  My GI always had results for me immediately.
I know you have a lot going on right now and you're scared- but trust me when I say that stress makes it so much harder.  Try to relax and distract yourself this weekend so that you aren't so focused on it.  They give you pretty decent sedation drugs so you won't feel it.  I'm hard to sedate so I always ask for extra.  Make sure you are taking a good natural stool softener now and leading up to the scope.  Aloe Vera Juice is great and you get it at the healthfood store.  I also use Restorolax because it is gentle and doesn't cause that awful cramping.  I always do a mainly liquid diet leading up to a scope because the bowel prep is so traumatic for me.

It's going to be okay and you will have some answers soon- which is awesome.
Sending support and hugs....
Lu
Thanks Lu that was an awesome advise I havent even thought about it lol OMG my aunt has a party on saturday night too LOL at the buffet hahaha poor me will be on diet but its all good. My colonoscopy is on monday aug 4 at 930am then i have work at 1000pm do you think I should go ahead and skip work instead? Or would the drugs wore off by then?

Oh my I will have to drink hella water i need to make sure that I do then lol. Thank you again hearing you girls comment back takes my worries away really. Thank you for being there for me. It helps alot since you guys know what Ive been going through.
Hysterectomy does that mean I cant get prego if I do?
No I think you should probably take the night off work.  You will be exhausted when the drugs wear off-so if you have the option of taking it off- do it.
Yes a hysterectomy means that you can't get pregnant.
Do not let them do one.
A good endo surgeon that knows you want to conceive will NOT perform a hyster unless it's a measure of last resort.
Hysterectomies do not cure endo anyways.  Especially if you have it on other organs.  My surgeon would not perform one on me.
Do you have an excision surgeon and have you checked with ticked to make sure they are reputable?  A friend sent me a great link to an endo site which has a google map showing all the best endo surgeons in the world.  I will check it out and pm you the link tomorrow.
Don't hit the buffet.  I know it's hard but you'll be thankful you didn't.
Hang in there girl.  I'm only a PM away
xo
Lu
You do not need a hysterectomy. There is no reason for a skilled surgeon to have to do one in order to treat cysts and Endo. Please remember that and make sure you talk to your surgeon because some will just do one without even asking. It is your body and Endo can't be cured with a hysterectomy.

I am wondering at the time of your surgery if they can remove the hemerroid actually even during the colonscopy, that might be something you ask them do when you are out. Maybe that will relieve some of the pain too. Sorry that this is happening to you it totally *****
Thanks girl yea even if I do go I will try not to eat anything thats gonna be hard for me later on. Im pretty good with self control so that will be alright. Okay so my diet for this entire week should be not hard foods? Wht do u think of rice would that be okay? I normally have rice on my diet or bread?

Thanks thats cool Im not sure if I have endo yet but its a big possibility i might. I think my Gyne mentioned about not performing that since I havent had kids yet.
Yes good question. I wonder if they do that too tske out my hemorroid its just a small one outside but whenever i have my period the darn thing does bother me a lot to the point its hard to sit anywhere! I was planning to ask them to take it out if i give birth lol someone told me that before haha. But this time why not i will try to ask.

I will follow Lu's advise and will not come to work instead. Ticked do u have a list of the good endo surgeons around Thousand Oaks Ca or camarillo ca area? Thats where I live.
yes ask for sure. I didn't even know I had any internally and I wish they would have told me because then I probably wouldn't have felt so damn crazy for so long with the pain. LOL
How does the internal hemorroid feel like? Im guessing it just hurts but dont know where the pains coming from? I wonder if i have one too internally thats causing me to poop blood? My nurse friend was telling me its possible too thats why. Oh and did you get ur internal hemorroid taken out during ur lap?
Not sure to be honest because I am not sure if I was feeling particular pain because of the rectovaginal Endo or that. I felt sharp rectal pain when the bowel movement was coming down. I always felt like it was stuck if that makes sense. I don't think that it was but not sure if internal ones just go away or not. I might have got them due to my issues with constipation and never having to have a BM.
Oh I see. I called the GI specialist and ask if I can get my small hemorroid taken out while doing colonoscopy but the nurse lady said my GI doesnt so that he needs to refer me to some surgeon that can do that. Now imma try to ask my gyne if he can do that or maybe he wont do it either. So conplicated being refered ro doctors back and forth loool
Yes TOTALLY get them to remove the hemmoroid- Good advice Ticked (:

I would lay off the bread if you can.  Anything with white flour anyways.  Rice is fine.  I know it seems hard but when you are doing your bowel prep you will thank me (:
Also- don't know if you are taking pain meds- if you are- know that the bowel prep will be harder because it slows your colon down ESPECIALLY if you're taking anything with codeine in it.  When I've been going for a colonoscopy or prepping for surgery I have ALWAYS been on pain meds and it is really, really hard.  I learned to only take my morning dose and then suffer all day until I'd done my bowel prep in the evening.  Then I would take my pain meds so I could have a comfortable sleep (small sips of water as you aren't allowed anything after a certain time)
Don't know if this applies to you but I thought I would mention it.  No one told me this so I had to learn myself the hard way.

Oops I just read your last post where you mentioned your GI won't remove the hemmeroid.  Hopefully someone can help you with that.
If it's any consolation I can't sit AT ALL right now- not because of a hemmeroid but because my cervix is so swollen and distended that sitting is torturous unless I'm on a big cushy chair..
I hate it.

Also- I just found this wonderful meditation called Yoga Nidra.  I woke up this morning (and yesterday morning) screaming in pain.  My pain meds are not even taking the edge off so I did this meditation and it really, really helped me.
It will calm you down and help you to rest when you are in pain or anxious.  Give it a shot.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUtbkEGv5NU&list=UUo6uPgM3J-n69u6iRPro5lw
xo
Lu
Okay Lu thanks I am totally gonna follow ur advice lol i want to make sure the GI doc sees everything he needed to see while moving around there LOL i know it kinda suck but atleast Im doing this now to rule out watever.

I went to GI today to sign paperworks and they took blood test again boo hoo some cbc and lbc to check stuff to help them and give them some idea of my bleeding. Its really scary to wait. I was reading some colon stuff they gave me and bought the stuff. The magnesium citrate thing thats so freaking clear what does that taste like? Seems nasty! I told my boss already that imma be off due to my colonoscopy haha i guess im not embarrassed to tell them stuff anymore since they know im gonna do surgery.
I will try that nidra yoga too sounds interestinf actually :)
I'm not gonna lie- the magnesium citrate is gross.  It is extremely difficult for me to get it down without vomiting.  To me- the worst part of colonoscopies and surgeries is the bowel prep.  That's why I gave you the advice that I did.  It will make things go smoother.  Don't anticipate it too much- it will only make things worse for you.  Just go with the flow baby.  You'll be just fine.  Looking forward to hearing your news.  I hope it's just endo and not bowel disease- actually, I don't know if that's true.  My Crohn's I seem to be able to control- my endo is a whole other story.
What will be will be.  Keep positive and stay strong.
Here for you...
Lu