Aa
A
A
A
Close
Endometriosis Community
2.57k Members

Could it be endometriosis?

Hello.  I seem to have all of the symptoms of endometriosis: bleeding slat the end of/after sex, debilitating menstrual cramps, pelvic pain, major lower back pain (where my butt meets my back), and my IBS symptoms seem to have worsened.  The weird thing is I haven't gotten a period in about 5-6 years because I've been on the depo provera shot.  I also have never had spotting or even cramps once during this time.  This began about 4 months ago with just the bleeding and normal cramps (cramps would be 10x worse after sex), but even getting cramps is a little weird for me since I have not had them in years.  About 2 weeks ago my symptoms started to progress very quickly, getting noticeably worse by the day.  The cramps and pain leave me on the floor in he fetal position almost in tears.  I have also been with the same partner for 8 years and have been tested for STDs which has never shown anything.  I had an ultrasound which also came back normal.  I've been doing research to find out if it's even possible to get endometriosis without even having a period and can't seem to find anything.  Has anyone ever had these symptoms without having a period?  I don't know what else it could be.  I have an appt with an ob gyn tomorrow, but I'm scared it will get blown off as no big deal.  It's getting to the point where I cannot have sex, I'm having difficulties at work and the constant extreme pain has me so exhausted.  If it keeps progressing like it has I won't even be able to go to work.  Anyone have any ideas?
2 Responses
136956 tn?1425609872
Its a possibility for either Endo or Adenomyosis.

Why were you put on the Depo before? Pain? Sometimes gyno's and doc's will do that instead of treating the disease.

I would go in to see your doctor and let her know what is happening. You might have to come off of it possibly try something new or try to find a surgeon that specializes in Endo to do an exploratory lap. That I can help you with to find the best.

I currently don't have my computer back and I am doing this at work but message me where you live and I can give you some good surgeons in your area.
I was put on the depo shot just as a birth control method.  It was perfect and I had no bad side effects at all.  I live in western MA.  I have an appt tomorrow so I will have to see how it goes.
Have an Answer?
Top Women's Health Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.