Endometriosis Community

Endometriosis again?

Hi everyone, i had a laparoscopy in december to remove endo, i then had a miscarriage in february which was very early and it was a natural one, now ive been getting the same pain again as i did when i had endo and my GP have done blood tests and urine samples and everything came back clear so they said all it could be is endo again! I have been referred to a gyne again just waiting to hear for an appointment just wondered if this is normal to get it back after only 3 months?
I think it is possible if the endo had been cauterized. Is that how your endo was removed, by cauterization?

What are your symptoms like? could the pain be related to something else like I.C.?

Is there an endo specialist nearby you?
it could be that you still have the endo because the doctor that I'm seeing now she told me the endo is not cure but it can be control.
Hi nina, they told me they lasered it off? The symptoms are really low abdominal pain that is always there it just varies in intensity, sometimes I literally have to curl up in a ball and cry because of the pain. Also I am so tired all of the time no matter wat I've done that day I'm  physically drained. Rberry, how else do they control it without laparoscopy or contraceptive pill?
Hi troubled girl. You sound like you have the same symptoms as me. I have been battling lower abdominal pain for the past 5 years. Sometimes has me doubled over, it's been happening more frequently. Went to the doc several times, have seen my gyn multiple times was told I may be have reoccuring cysts. Still having the pain, went to my family doc, she ordered multiple tests, colonoscopy, endoscopy, ultrasound blood work. Everything came back normal except the ultra sound which reveal a cyst. Ok... that was in Dec 11. Well, the pain still hadn't gone away. Went in Feb to see my gyn again. They told me from the 'sounds of it' and I have endometriosis and a tilted uterus probably due to scar tissue from the endo and suggested started me on the pill... Ok I decided to give it a try if it meant no more pain. After being on the pill for 2 cycles, still having pain and now more migraines I found a specialist. This was 2 weeks ago they did a vaginal ultrasound - found a cyst on my other ovary and determined I do not have endo rather I have adenomyosis. She went further to say there is no cure, no treatment other than a hysterectomy or menapause. Well I am still quite a few years away from menopause and I am not so certain that a hysterectomy is the answer. So, I have been doing research with my husband help and they say there may be a link between the lack progesterone and adenomyosis. So I am not going to try to self heal and see what happens.
My symptoms have been: lower abdominal pain cramping type; sharp stabbing pain generally on my lower left abdominal area-that one usually stops me in my tracks and I am curled up like a baby on the floor until it subsides; bloating regardless of what or how much I eat; gas even if I don't eat and lately been feeling depressed. I am otherwise a very happy and healthy married mother of two. I exercise regulary, eat well, work full time day and wait tables 2 nights a week (because I enjoy it). But this has gotten progressively worse over the past few months and I find myself grumpy, tired and in pain and it causes me to not do the things that I enjoy doing.  I have so much more I can write about this but will save for another time.
Valerie
Hi valerie, the symptoms you described are pretty much exactly the same as mine and I gave very irregular periods too. I really hope something can be done as me and my partner have been trying for a baby for way over a year now.
While there is no "cure" for endo, many women have been treated and the symptoms never return. This treatment im speaking of is endo excision. Theres 2 surgical ways to remove endo: cauterize (the burn it off) or excision (the cut it off). Cauterization is less effective. It only removes the surface of the endo implant. But its believed that endo implants are like an iceberg, you take the top of it off but theres still the bottom left, which can be worse than the top layer. Thats why cauterizing serves as a temporary relief, becausd there usually some implant still left. Excision removes the entire implant. The other difference is that excision can remove endo from risky places like the bowel and ureters, with cauterization that is not possible because its too dangerous.

Only endo specialists do excision. Visif the website endo-resolved (I cant give the whole website here) theres a list of specialists there.

Endo is also difficult to treat because there are different forms of it and the typical gyn may not be able to identify it.

Endo implants feed off estrogen. So if you have any endo implants that were not removed, even microscopic implants, estrogen will constantly feed that implant causing pain.

Thats why seeing a specialist is paramount because that would provide the greatest opportunity for all the endo to be removed.

So the women that are "cured" have probably had all the endo removed, but most women dont see a specialist, so its not removed.

I also have what is believed to be adenomyosis, for that reason im getting a hysterectomy. Adenomyosis (and really endo too) cannot be confirmed without taking a sample of the suspected tissue, testing at a lab and getting that pathology report.