Aa
A
A
A
Close
Endometriosis Community
2.57k Members

Endometriosis and Pain while pregnant

Hey everyone, I am pregnant about 7 weeks here, and I have Endometriosis...  My pain is so severe, and it keeps on getting worst every day.  I am beginning to completely lost my mind.  Is there anyone else out there experiencing this as well?  How are you dealing?
4 Responses
Im going through exactly what you're going through. Im waiting to find out how far along i am, but in the mean time I feel so horrible. The pain is constant, it never goes away. Most of the time I'm in bed, I don't go outside, and I have a hard time walking around and standing for extended periods of time. Coping??? Barely. Im just trying to stay positive.
136956 tn?1425609872
I never had any pain whatsoever when pregnant and I had Stage IV surgery 3 yrs after the birth of my daughter.

I did find that the braxton hicks were painful and not sure how painful those are supposed to be. I did have sharp pains through my pregnancy but nothing like what I experienced not being pregnant.

The pregnancy suppressed my endo.
1809377 tn?1316523928
With my last pregnancy in 09 the pain was terrible.  I couldn't drink anything except tylenol.  Sometimes the pain was so severe i had to be carried because I couldn't walk.  3 months after i gave birth though I had my tubes tide.  I had no pain after birth from endo, it's been 9 months since it's been back.  All of our bodiesare different & we react in different ways.  Reading each others stories at least let's us know we are not alone & we can give each other support.
1006035 tn?1485579497
I did not have much pain while I was pregnant, but I was very sick. I threw up at least once a day for the first trimester. I constantly felt nauseous and sick. I gained a lot of water weight and had a hard time walking. I developed gestational diabetes and hypertension. I did not know at the time that I had endo, but now many of my symptoms make more sense. My first midwife was totally confused about why I was having such a rough time. She kept blaming me and my eating habits; which is why I fired her!

If I were able to get pregnant again I've been told that I would be on bed rest for 9 months. I'm older now and my endo is worse. So, I do not think that we will even try to have another. Eventually we may look into adoption.
Have an Answer?
Top Women's Health Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.