Endometriosis Community

Estrogen?

I'm significantly confused about how estrogen affects Endometriosis, hoping for clarity. I see a lot out there that the estrogen and progestin pill significantly improves endometriosis and prevents it from continuing to grow. I also see a lot out there that says estrogen dominance contributes to Endo. So which is it? Does estrogen make it worse or better? Trying to figure out if I should avoid putting extra estrogen in my body if that will make things worse.
Endometriosis feed off estrogen.  The estrogen-dependent endo lesions, if left unchecked, will begin to create their own estrogen.

I do want to clarify that the pill or any other form of HRT does not prevent the Endometriosis from growing. The reason it is used is to help stop the pain by stopping the periods.

I was on a low dose BCP (Marvelon) for 8 yrs continuously and did help with my pain. However it still continued to grow even after deep excision surgery.