Endometriosis Community

How many surgeries does the average woman with Endo go through?

Wondering how many I'll most likely go through.
Well, some of this will be up to you, and it's different for everyone, but I did find this:

https://www.rcog.org.uk/en/news/over-60-of-women-diagnosed-with-endometriosis-go-on-to-have-multiple-surgical-procedures/

"Over 60% of women diagnosed with endometriosis go on to have multiple surgical procedures."

This is a study of Scottish women, so it may be different where you live, but honestly, probably not much.

There are new treatments you can try before opting for surgery, and the birth control pill is still a popular treatment. Surgery should always be considered carefully. It can be a good option, but it's not without risk. If a doctor suggests surgery, you can always say no.

Try not to worry too much about the future. You never know - in 6 months or a year, there could be a new treatment that works really well for you.
just one if the surgery is done right by and endometriosis specialist
It depends on what you want to do. I've only had one and it was done by a specialist. Didn't help me at all. My surgeon says it's because of to much scar tissue and the only other reason for me to have another surgery is if I have problems conceiving. Then they will want to go in and see where the endometriosis is and remove it. Of course maybe it gets to bad and we decided to try it again but odds are for me no more surgerys unless I decided on kids and have problems.