Aa
A
A
A
Close
Endometriosis Community
2.57k Members

In need of advice

I am almost 21 years of age and have been diagnosed with an under active thyroid since I was 12. I have always had extremely heavy periods and have recently read that at least 40% of thyroid conditions, carry with them endometriosis. 2 years ago I ended up in the ER with agressive shooting pains across my pelvis and lower back. They suspected a bursted appendix. However, after 3 days of lying in a hospital bed with a drip in my hand I was sent home with a prescription for paracetemol and still not knowing what was wrong with me. I have since been experiencing occasional shooting pains in around my pelvic region and lower back, still very heavy periods, headaches, fatigue and sometimes some pain in certain positions during sex. Is it all in my head and if not, what is the next step I should take?? Please help as I am going out of my mind with worry.
5 Responses
790669 tn?1465192699
I suggest a laparoscopy.  That's the only way they can diagnose endometriosis AND fix it while they're in there.  I myself had this done along with a hysteroscopy in June of 2010.  They found Endo, a cyst on my fallopian tube and a polyp in the middle of my uterus.  I have VERY painful and heavy periods, I hurt before, during and after I start my period.  My pain is always in my lower stomach, lower back, hips, ovaries and sometimes vaginal pains and of course sex was always painful.  I also have pains sometimes during bowel movements.  Enough about me lol, have you talked to your dr. about possible endo?  I'd definitely find someone who listens to me and will help.  Best of luck to you, if you need someone to talk to please feel free to message me. :)  Please keep in touch on how everything goes.  Take care hun!  
Thanks a mill!! Havent discussed it wit the doc yet as it hasnt happened in about a week or so, so never crossed my mind to say it to her when I was in on Monday but just got my period today and the shooting pain in my pelvis has literally been non-stop. Am going to go back to the doc next week when my period finishes as I recently developed a bartolin's abscess and am currently on a course of antibiotics so need to get that checked too. So worried!! Will keep posted anyway. Thanks for your reply :)
136956 tn?1425609872
I am going to agree with Desarae on this as this is the only way to find out for sure.

I cant believe they kept you in that long. I had stage IV endometriosis with twisted bowels and the hospital told me I was constipated and sent me home. I hate the ER in Canada!!!  
Oh god, sounds painful!! I know, its terrible over here too, 3 days on a drip, was not allowed eat or drink and was sent home with paracetemol!! Sure I could have bought that anywhere myself!! Was in awful pain the night it happened, vomited and everything but because the pain subsided the next day, they figured so did the cause of it!! Silly really!!
790669 tn?1465192699
You're so welcome!  I really hope you find some answers soon because no one should live in so much pain without an answer!  I told my husband, since we've been unable to conceive ever since I've been married (12 yrs) that since my periods are still just awful, pain and bleeding, if in a yr or 2 we still haven't had a child that I'm going to try to find someone to either give me a partial hysterectomy or full one.  I'm done hurting so much for so long.  Please let us know how it goes!!  And I really hope you get some  help soon.  Wishing you the absolute best. :)
Have an Answer?
Top Women's Health Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.