Aa
A
A
A
Close
Endometriosis Community
2.56k Members

Is it from the endometriosis that I have not had a cycle in 12 months?

I was told from  blood work that I was postmenopausal. And then the added fact that I had gone 12 months without a period.  Well then I start having pain and bleeding. They did an ultrasound and it showed that perhaps I had an egg left. Sadly there are more cysts and now having biopsy . And repeated bloddowork now shows more peri then post. Is this a regular occurrence with endo. That when we get to peri it can make the symptoms this extreme ? And vary the time between cycles for 12 months .? It is hard to deal with being a text book definition of post menopause only to be told you maybe are not
1 Responses
136956 tn?1425609872
I wish that I could give you an answer to this but to me it sounds like endo possibly, Could be a med your on causing that to happen . I am 3 yr post hyster for endo and its a living nightmare.
Have an Answer?
Top Women's Health Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.