Endometriosis Community

Is this endometriosis?

My symptoms include having really painful periods, pain in between periods, I have bleeding in between periods as well, I have a sharp pain really low down which wakes me up at night and other aches and pains around my hips. I'm just quite worried about what it may be! I went to the doctors and they said it could be ibs so I'm booked into the hospital in the gastroenterology thing but I'm insure whether this is the right thing?
Has anyone got any ideas or advice? Thank you!
Usually with symptoms like yours they will do a colonoscopy to rule out bowel diseases first. Post likely if you have endometriosis they will diagnose you with IBS as this is really really a common misdiagnoses.

Go through with the test and keep your results from this point on for any tests you may have including blood tests. Some doctors miss vital information in which could mean something to another doctor.

To me it sounds really possible that you could have Endo so I would suggest going to an Endometriosis specialist as you will be in the best hands treatment wise and for the most part be heard.

I can get you some names if you tell me where abouts you live.

you can also go to my profile as i have a lot of information on there as well as a link to my blog if you are interested. I am a patient advocate and I have documented the last 5 yrs of my Endo Journey but have battled for 25 yrs.
Thank you so much for your help. I live in Birmingham. I will definitely look into it. Thank you again.
Birmingham UK?