Endometriosis Community

LAPAROSCOPY

I WAS DIAGNOSED WITH MILD ENDO AND CAN I GET A LAPAROSCOPY DONE WITHOUT HAVING TO TAKE HORMONE SHOTS? DOES THIS PROCEDURE WORK BY ITSELF?. AND HOW MANY DAYS AFTER CAN YOU HAVE RELATIONS AGAIN?....CAN YOU GET PREGNANT WITH THIS ILLNESS. THE NATURAL WAY...WITH OUT PROCEDURES?
Hi-

I suggest you chat with your Dr about all of this- your questions, they would vary from woman to woman, but about the LAP procedure, you don't  neccesarily need to take hormone shots with that- I have had two laps to remove endo and I did not need any hormone shots. I have also only taken mild dose birth control pills (combination estrogen and progesterone variety)- in fact my Dr has only recommended I stop my cycle by continuing the active pills two times which is odd to me because I've read that many women to treat endo stop periods by taking the pill and are advised to- but in my case, I've always been taking the active hormones then the week off to have the withdrawal "hormone bleed".

As far as how many days after can you have relations I can't recall, it may have been 1 month, but every patient may be different. And, yes, you can get pregnant with endo because I did and I've heard other cases where you can, it all just depends on how severe your case is (I was able to concieve without fertility treatment).

As an aside, does anyone know why my Dr wouldn't advocate me skipping the "periods" which arent' even real periods anyway, while on the pill? Why would I need a week (actuall for me more than a week) of withdrawal bleeding??
Thank you for your response!! i really needed to hear that you can actually get pregnant the natural way..from someone who has experienced it. One doctor told me that in order to get pregnant i HAD to take the 3 lupron shots which can cause a menopause for 3 months, i refused because i dont like hormone treatments..he said (ITS impossible!!! (he was kind of rude)...i think that in medicine anything is possible!!..thanks again!!
If you are concerned about your fertility you should see a fertility specialist. They do push their procedures but they are the experts.
Hi Gloria...yes i'm a little concerned..maybe because i'm 35, and ttc and recently found out about the endo...i'm gonna talk with another ginecologist to get a second opinion about this..thanks!
Yes, please get a 2nd opinion because my Dr (OB and Gynecology) also specializes in fertility and has pictures of twins and a few triplets from his patients!! However, he didnt' say it was impossible, just said I'd most likely need "help" acheiving a pregnancy and I dind't ask him to elaborate because he seemed to think I would ovulate on my own (obviously I did) so wasn't sure what help he meant (ie, what fertility procedure). I was 27 when I conceived or maybe right at 28 as I got pregnant when I turned 28 just about!
I just recently had a laparoscopy done. I waited about 3 weeks before having any relations. The soreness was gone after that time and it was safe. I also had other procedures done at the same time as my laparoscopy. I don't really know how long for just a laparoscopy. I hope this helps a little.