Endometriosis Community

Pain Management

Yesterday I was fortunate enough to attend a pain management seminar at my surgery clinic.  I was one of 12 women in a group with a pain psychologist and pain physiotherapist that specializes in pelvic pain.  I learned many new coping strategies to keep med use at a minimum while awaiting surgery and would highly recommend this to any that have access.
In other news- still no surgery date, and have developed abscess type sores around my rectum ever since my scope 3 weeks ago.  It is incredibly painful and makes BM's even MORE painful than they were before.  Has anyone ever experienced this?  It's been going on for about a week and I am considering driving myself to a walk in clinic because I am in so much discomfort.  Thoughts?
Have you had a colonoscopy? I think that would be important to rule out bowel disease or hemmrroids (sp?)

I had a sigmoidoscopy 3 weeks ago and it was clean.  I haven't had a colonoscopy in about 4 years.  I had a crohn's flare last year but this feels different.  I've had fissures before, but never this bad and I've never bled so much from my bowel unless I was having a bad flare.  Also, with my Crohn's I never experienced constipation- only the opposite.
I'm scared.
I went to the walk in clinic and I have six pretty deep and long fissures.  He prescribed a special compound cream and I am having a full blood work up done to check my RA factor and white blood cell counts.
Oh okay yes that was my next guess but by what you explained them to be didnt sound like fissures. I have had them and constipation for 4 yrs. I have used the compound cream before. Are you orly taking pain meds ?
I am taking pain meds and progesterone.
I got the compound cream and am going to take a salt bath and dry the area completely before putting it on.
I didn't make it out of bed to get to the lab so I will have to do it Monday.  What do you use for the constipation?  I've been using restorolax which mainly works but sometimes it doesn't.  If I take anything stronger I have terrible D and it exacerbates the fissures and is incredibly painful.  I swear to God I almost pass out on the toilet every time.
I thought it was the pain meds causing this but it doesn't seem to be the case as I have constipation on the days I take LESS pain meds and days I take more I have D.
I'm taking half the rx'd dose of pain meds because I really want to keep my usage at a minimum.  I know I'm already dependent and coming off opiates is awful.
I use laxaday and I double up. Pain meds will cause great constipation