Endometriosis Community

Question can endo cause bladder & kidney pain/pressure, etc.

I was diagnosed 2 yrs ago with endo after the gyno biopsied a nodule on my uterus, along with many endo symptoms. With all the increasing intestinal and abdominal issues they think it has spread on my intestines also.

I have put off surgery due to thinking there may be more going on than endo - Now for over a month I have constant pain in left kidney around to spleen and all down my left side of abdomen to my bladder, with sharp pains coming and going through all those areas, also feels swollen painful and lumpy down my left side of abdomen.
My bladder is the worst as I always feel pressure like bladder is going to burst, urinating does not help and even feels worse after. I did have alot of blood in urine & infection a month ago, but has resolved only to have bladder, kidney pain, etc keep worsening.

Also having trouble eating, too much pressure, alot of nausea, dizzyness, fever comes & goes, chills/sweats and I keep loosing weight (went from my normal 155 down to 130 in last 6 months).

CT without contrast did not show any kidney stones, it only showed pelvic phleboliths (calcium like stones in my pelvic veins which dr. didn't seem concerned about those). I am supposed to see urologist for cytoscope, but cant get in for 3 weeks.

I am wondering if endo could be causing all the kidney, bladder pressure, pain, left side pain, increasing sickness, weight loss, etc.

I also read that a pelvic MRI should be done before endo surgery to see if it is deep into organs so they can prepare and do the correct prep for surgery, but no one has ever ordered a pelvic or abdominal MRI for me, even after these 2 years of increasing problems. Should I request an mri before scheduling surgery or find another gyno. if they dont order it? Does this all sound like endo or maybe other problems?

I also noticed my left ovary - same side as all my additional pain, increased from 15mm in length to 4.6 cm in length within a year and also wonder if that is normal for ovary to almost triple in size in a year.

Any info or advice on these issues is greatly appreciated, as I am severely suffering from this constanly every day.
Thank you.
To me this sounds like IC (interstitial cystitis) which goes hand in hand with endometriosis. The way to diagnose is through a cystoscopy which can be done on it's own or during surgery.

I have never heard about doing an MRI before surgery however what you need is an Endo specialist that can do all of this including deep excision (cut out) Endo not laser. If you want to read my journals in my profile here please do. I had similar symptoms but I had deep infiltrating Endo in the bladder and carbon residue on my bladder flap due to use of the laser.

It sounds to me like it could be IC, bladder Endo and or issues from laser being used before but I am not a doctor just someone who has gone through this.

The lumps and stuff on your pelvis could be swollen lymph nodes from Endo. I had deep infiltrating Endo in the pelvic wall and Mine were swollen.

Key to treating this is an Endo specialist that excises Endo as well as being able to operate on the bowel and bladder.

Let me know if you need help and I can direct you to the right places if needed.