Endometriosis Community

Recurring Endometrioma?

Has anyone had an endometrioma grow back after laparoscopic surgery?  And if so, how soon did it happen and what did you do?
I had endometrioma removed three times being that it grew back. My first one came back within 7 months and had my second surgery not even 1 year after my first one. My last surgery for endometrioma was almost four years ago. I will be having lap surgery within 6 weeks due to endo and adhesions on my bladder and back of uterus. They will be checking for endometrioma just incase. Every endometrioma that I had it was not detected in ultrasound,it was hidden. I had no choice but to have surgery each time because it grew so big and kept having free fluid. Always keep in mind have it checked if it bothers you and talk to your doctor about this.
Thanks Shelly.  Sorry you have had it come back so many times.  I'm afraid of that.  Never had any trouble at all before and now since this was removed....I am starting to feel the effects again (only had my surgery end of January 09) and had 1 large 10cm endometrioma removed off left ovary.  Dr. had said everything else looked good so not sure what is going on.  I have an appt to see the gyne/surgeon June 24th.
Thanks for your info......Good luck with your surgery.
well sue, Im sorry to tell you , but this is my 5th time getting it.....it get very frustrating!!!!!
if you dont like the answers you get from you r doctors, try another one!
I do not know what the answer is to not get it again, but I know we have got to keep looking, and asking for help!
I also had an endometrioma removed.  It developed in the first place because of a c-section, so I asked the dr...if I got this thing because of an abdominal surgery, am I at risk of getting another one by having an abdominal surgery to remove it?

Her answer was yes..they could only hope that another one does not develop.

I hope all goes well for you
Have you taken any birth control bills or any shots to prevent the endometrioma from coming back?

I just had a 6 cm endometrioma removed about a month ago. My doctor wants me to get pregnant first, because I am 33 and never had a baby.

He told me that after I have my baby, I will need to go on pills right away.

Actually, I did not take anything after my surgery as doc figured it looked clean and that they got it all,....however, 6 months later, I've started having some problems again, so I am now on birth control pills. I've only been on for 1 and a half months and they are making me feel so sick.  I go back to see him again August 18 (at that time they are going to tell me results of my TVUS as well.)
Good luck with everything!!  Hope you will have a beautiful healthy baby soon!  I am 45 and have 2 teenagers so that's not an issue for me.