Endometriosis Community

Removal of 10cm cyst, both ovaries and tubes recovery time

I had key hole surgery to remove a 10cm demoid cyst and both my ovaries and tubes removed 2 weeks ago, they ended up having to cut me along the bikini line to get the demoid cyst out,  all my incisions except for where they cut me have healed great, where they cut is still really sore and pulls, the problem I have is it sits under a fold of fat, what is called a mother's apron, and with the hot weather I don't think enough air is getting to it. I've been to my doctors who has given me antibiotics and says that the stitches are too tight and need to come out, even though they are suppose to dissolve., I have terrible pain if I sit for a long time and walking is out of the question. The doctor gave me 4 weeks of work, the hospital had run out of sick notes, I'm starting to worry that I won't be fit to return to my job in 4 weeks
How did this end up working out?  Sorry you're going through this.  Can you go to a dermatologist who can maybe be more helpful, since the issue with healing seems to be skin related.  I also had a tough time healing after a large dermoid cyst and ovary were removed, but my issues we're internal.  Vitamins, especially iron, really helped me out.  Doctors minimized my problems.