Endometriosis Community
Should I get another laparoscopy
Hey, my names Tilly and I’m 16. I was first diagnosed with endometriosis when I was 15 after a laparoscopy on May 18th. Since then, I have had an allergic reaction to an iron infusion about 2 weeks ago and I have a cyst on my right ovary. My pains are extremely bad to the point I’ve gone to hospital twice this week. Should I get this checked out or is it unlikely to be endo? Thankyou x ps. I’m also on the pill to maintain my pain but it’s hopeless and does nothing :)
I would get it checked out but by an Endo specialist not an OBGYN. If a gynae did your first surgery most likely endo was missed as they are not well versed on the different colors, shapes etc that endo present. if you google "Endo specialist" in your area and research them. Specialists do excision which means to cut out the disease where gynae do ablation which only gets the surface.

Hope that helps