Endometriosis Community

Vaginal bleeding in between periods

Have been having spotting prb. on and off for the last 2 years.  It has gotten worse for the last 2 months.  I don't really have prb. w/heavy period but constanst spotting during urination, intercourse and just 'cause.  It's usually brown , doesn't really have a foul smell and doesn't 'cause any abdominal/pelvic pain. It does cause me to bloat and get gasious. It's very uncomfortable and frustrating.  
I saw a gynecologist recently, he checked the flexibility of my vagina to see if he can perform vaginal hysterectomy, I'm not sure if I want to have a surgery if there are ways to correct this matter w/herbal treatment or any other treatment which doesn't involve medication.  I don't like taking meds at all, unless I necessarily have to.  I also forgot to mention that, I have been urinating quite often for the last a few months.  It's usually every half an hour and I do have a full bladder, not just a few drops.  Wondering if it's caused by enlarged uterus.  I'd appreciate some info, thank you.
Aliye,
Have you had an ultarsound? I had very similar symptoms and I have found out that I have endometriosis and I just underwent my first (and hopefully only) laproscopic surgery. Were you actually diagnosed with anything? I recommend asking about an ultrasound before surgery and if you do need to get surgery I would make absolutely sure you see a specialist. I too usually opt for natural/herbal remedies but irregular bleeding could be a sign of something serious and you don't wnat to mess around. On the other hand it could also just be hormonal but it is better to know for sure! Ask about an ultrasound.
Best of luck to you
Melissa
Thanks for the info.  I spoke w/my gynecologist, he doesn't recommend ultrasound at this time.  He says; I've had this prb. for the last 2 years and hasn't improved, actually has gotten worse.  He'll just go ahead w/vaginal hysterectomy and I should be fine.  I'm still leary about this and checking all the websites for info.  Your input is appreciated, thanks.
Well I wish you all the best of luck but before you go ahead with surgery, which you probably will need maybe you might want to get a second opinion? I mean in my case I actually had a mass behind my uterus so, though I don't know anything about hysterectomy I would think he would want at least a picture to know where there were masses pre-surgery? and I had two cystys on my ovaries and your simptoms are almost identical to mine. You should of course do what you feel is best but if you are tentative about the surgery then maybe get a second opinion?
I wish you all the best of luck and if I can be helpful in any other way let me know.
Melissa
Thank you, I've scheduled my surgery for first week of August and hopefull all will go well.  Thanks for all info again.
I have vaginal bleeding and spotting in between periods. Its been going on for over 3 years. My gyno doctor just keeps changing my birth control pills. I'm very frustrated at this point. Is this something that you experienced?