Endometriosis Community

What does prominent endometrium mean?

I was in the ER yesterday for pain on the right side of my abdomen. They did a CAT scan and it was a kidney infection. I was just now looking over the results and found this:

-THE UTERUS IS PROMINENT. PROMINENT ENDOMETRIUM. PATIENT IS 31 YEARS
OF AGE. CORRELATION WITH PATIENT'S STAGE OF MENSTRUAL CYCLE MENSTRUAL
HISTORY IS RECOMMENDED. BILATERAL ADNEXAL PROMINENCE. DEEP PELVIC
FREE FLUID. PELVIC ULTRASOUND MAY BE OBTAINED FOR FURTHER
CHARACTERIZATION, IF CLINICALLY WARRANTED.

I plan on visiting my gyno. But am curious to know if this sounds serious or not? The PA who treated me did not mention any of those results. I am freaking out a little bit after researching some of the terms. Let me know. Thank you
The endometrium is the lining of the uterus.  My guess is that your lining was thick.  If it's the second half of your cycle, after ovulation, it's probably just normal.  If it's the first half of your cycle, meaning your period started less than 2 weeks ago, that might be abnormal.