Epilepsy Community

Adult Gelastic and Dacrystic Seizure and Hashimoto's Encephalopathy

Hi, I am a 25 y/o female who has within the past 4 months developed sudden gelastic seizures, followed by crying, and more recently now have dacrystic seizures as well.

I have within these few months been diagnosed with Hashimoto's Encephalopathy. Are the two related? I was of the belief that the H.E. caused the seizures, because I thought they were my nerves "misfiring" but now that I have been informed that they are indeed seizures, I found that the usual cause is Hypothalamic Hamartoma. Should I be concerned???? My MRI's show lesions in the temporal lobe, from the H.E., so could it just be a more rare side effect/symptom that no one else has, or should I be concerned about tumors??? Unfortunately, there is almost no info on H.E. as it is, and even less about adult gelastic seizures!

HELP!