Epilepsy Community

Anyone ever have side effects bad enough to have to stop taking Tregretol / Carbamazepine ?

I was just wondering if so and what were your side effects? Did they start when you started taking it at first, or was it with a dose increase?
I was on Carbamazepine for CFS, I was told to come off it as to put it frankly I was like a Zombie! I was on it for 4 years, and those years I can literally remember nothing of those years. Mine started within a couple of months of being on it. My doctor said I was attention seeking (truth was he didn't believe in my illness)!
But Just because it happened to me doesn't mean it happens to everyone who is on it!!