Epilepsy Community

Best seizure mix?

I have had 8 grand mal seizures in the past 3 yrs.  No aura, etc.  I was on Lamictal and Zoloft for pst 9 months and gained 24 lbs, extremely tired, etc.  Doctor has recently changed me to Keppra (500mg) and Zoloft (100mg).  Not sure this is the right combo for me.  Any suggetions?  I seem to have mad mood swings, sleepy all the time.   Would Wellbutrin help?

THANK YOU FOR ANY HELP!
Hi there!
Polytherapy is indicated in epilepsy when treatment with the different drugs individually has not had sufficient effect .It is usually recommended in those with severe epilepsy, or those who have several types of seizures and refractory seizures. Central nervous system and/or respiratory-depressant effects can be additively or synergistically increased in patients taking multiple drugs especially in elderly patients and patients with medical disorders. A patient needs to be monitored for CNS and respiratory depression while on these two drugs. You need to perform carefully activities requiring mental alertness and motor coordination. If you are considering change in therapy do consult a neurologist. That might be helpful.
Take care and best luck!