Epilepsy Community

Possible Partial Seizure?

Recently, I have been having strange episodes.  They start off with a tingling on one side of my head; like electricity is flowing through my skin.  Then it usually "grows" to include the arm on the same side of my body.  My face on that side will twitch too.  During the episodes, I can't speak; however, I am aware and can hear and understand.  Sometimes, it only happens once, and the episodes over in about 3 minutes.  Sometimes, they happen in a cluster, and it takes about 15 minutes for them to go away.  I had a 5 day VEEG done 18 months ago, and they found nothing.  They were, however, investigating only my episodes I have thaty mimick grand mal seizures at that time.  Those were diagnosed as psychogenic non-epileptic seizures.  These episodes weren't happening then though, and they feel different.  Could they have missed something?  I don't want to spend alot of money again if I'm mistaken.
Hi there!
Based on the symptoms shared by you it is possible that you are suffering from simple partial seizures. During simple partial seizures a person is usually wake and full aware about his involuntary movement, there is no loss of consciousness. It usually lasts for a few seconds to a few minutes. They can be caused due to congenital abnormalities, any space occupying lesion, tumor or stroke. I will advise you to schedule an appointment with a neurologist. When you meet with your doctor, he will conduct tests and take a medical history to rule out seizures that mimic simple partial episodes. Psychiatric illness, gastrointestinal conditions or pinched nerves can all cause seizure-like symptoms. Seek professional help. I sincerely hope it helps.
Take care and good luck!