Aa
A
A
A
Close
Epilepsy Community
1.81k Members

Possible Partial Simple Seizure

My question lies in the possibility of diagnosing me with a partial simple seizure.  39yr old male in excellent shape with high blood pressure, high cholesterol and mother who died of a stroke as a result of heart disease.  My symptoms where involuntary movement in lower left arm in a rotating fashion lasting up to 30 seconds.  Then for approx. 5 secs I couldn't move my fingers.  Then I got a numb spot in left corner of mouth and tingle on left said of tongue.  I had no strength loss in any limps or hands.  I was found to have a PFO with a positive bubble study, and showed it again with TEE at rest.  Initial diagnosis was TIA but the Neurologist believes I had a partial simple seizure.  MRI-Clear, CT-Clear, initial EEG clear.  I'm doing a sleep deprived EEG today.  If my EEGs come back negative can it really be diagnosed with confidence that I had a partial simple seizure??  I've found lots of literature with stroke like symptoms being diagnosed as seizures.  Should I be concerned?  My neurologist dismisses the idea of a pinched nerve that I may have incurred due to a very hard opening in a skydiving event.  What sort of questions should I be asking?  Sorry for the long post and thank you for your time.  I just want to be educated and not told what the issue is I had.  

Sincerely,
Scott

0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Top Neurology Answerers
1780921 tn?1499301793
Queen Creek, AZ
Minneapolis, MN
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease