Epilepsy Community

Seizure

I had a seizure last month x1 episode. No history of seizure before. After I had the seizure I am experiencing dizziness daily to the point of almost passing out. Then came weakness on my left shoulder daily  and tingling sensations on my fingers at least once a day. Had an CT scan while I was in the ER. MRI and EEG also got done.
1 week before my seizure episode I experience a metallic taste which I never had before. being tired all the time is also a concern, I was never tired as I am right know before. According to my primary MD I have an abnormal MRI. Part of my MRI result are "Hyperintense signal foci in bilateral periventricular deep white matter and subcortical white matter". Considerations include, but are not limited to demyelinating process, chronic small vessel ischemic change, sequelae from migraine, headache or gliosis. Is there a way that you can give me little explanation on this result? Please, thank you.

Melab
I had all of these symptoms after my first seizure when I was 20, the weakness, tiredness, tingling are all normal, I am afraid.
The metallic taste is also normal before you have an episode. As for your MRI scan being abnormal to be honest it will be, your brain has suffered a big shock.
As for the result ask your doctor, or even type it in to the internet search box, not only does it explain it but also puts it in normal terms (for us people that aren't doctors).
Hope this helps slightly .