Aa
A
A
A
Close
Epilepsy Community
1.81k Members

Seizure

I had a seizure last month x1 episode. No history of seizure before. After I had the seizure I am experiencing dizziness daily to the point of almost passing out. Then came weakness on my left shoulder daily  and tingling sensations on my fingers at least once a day. Had an CT scan while I was in the ER. MRI and EEG also got done.
1 week before my seizure episode I experience a metallic taste which I never had before. being tired all the time is also a concern, I was never tired as I am right know before. According to my primary MD I have an abnormal MRI. Part of my MRI result are "Hyperintense signal foci in bilateral periventricular deep white matter and subcortical white matter". Considerations include, but are not limited to demyelinating process, chronic small vessel ischemic change, sequelae from migraine, headache or gliosis. Is there a way that you can give me little explanation on this result? Please, thank you.

Melab
1 Responses
I had all of these symptoms after my first seizure when I was 20, the weakness, tiredness, tingling are all normal, I am afraid.
The metallic taste is also normal before you have an episode. As for your MRI scan being abnormal to be honest it will be, your brain has suffered a big shock.
As for the result ask your doctor, or even type it in to the internet search box, not only does it explain it but also puts it in normal terms (for us people that aren't doctors).
Hope this helps slightly .
Have an Answer?
Top Neurology Answerers
1780921 tn?1499301793
Queen Creek, AZ
Minneapolis, MN
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease